About RIVAL ENTERTAINMENT: CENTER STAGE, THE LOFT, and VINYL:
Rival Entertainment is an independent venue operator and concert promoter, producing shows and live events in Atlanta since 2004.
Rival operates from Center Stage Atlanta – home to Center Stage Theater, The Loft and Vinyl—where we produce 350+ shows annually. Beyond Center Stage’s doors, we create events in city streets, public parks, traditional venues and unique locations. Rival production venues include Centennial Olympic Park, The Fox Theatre, Georgia State University Stadium, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, Candler Park, Piedmont Park, Historic Fourth Ward Park and many more.
THE MARKETING MANAGER ROLE
Rival is seeking an experienced, self-motivated and dynamic individual to oversee the company’s marketing practices and manage event promotion. Candidates best suited for this position will have previous experience in the live music and event space, understand traditional and digital media, have managed social media presence and digital advertising strategy and is a master of multi-tasking.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are typically Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 6:00 PM but will vary based on event schedule and management team needs. Availability on nights and weekends is required, but not expected to be regular.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- 4-year degree or comparable relevant experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in an applicable position (live music, entertainment, event marketing)
- Technological confidence. Proficiency in graphic design, WordPress, website design, CAD, or video editing are not required but highly desired.
- Experience with newsletter management systems.
- Experience creating and managing digital and social campaigns with Facebook and Instagram, Twitter, and other various digital/social outlets
- Experiential marketing experience a plus (street team, non-traditional marketing)
- Excellent communication skills required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as diligent attention to detail. Candidate will be collaborating with, presenting campaigns to, and contextualizing results for a broad audience daily
- Must be proficient using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, and be comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools including Google Drive, Dropbox
- Must thrive in a team environment, but be able to take initiative and work
- Recruit, qualify and manage contractors and interns supporting marketing projects
- Manage internal branding, wayfinding and signage projects for venues and events
- Quantify success and efficiency of marketing and promotions, media campaigns, social engagement, partnerships, current and future promotional outlets
- Maintain and foster relationships with key local partners
- Coordinate with various departments (booking, finance, box office, production, events)
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks including fielding calls, filing, record keeping, and reporting.
- Oversee brand and event marketing strategy and programs
- Maintain business websites, social media and communications
- Manage the creation and delivery of marketing campaigns in print, digital, radio, street teams, social media engagement, and more
- Oversee show announcements to the general public via venue social media, website, and newsletters
- Implement digital marketing including paid media via Facebook, Instagram, and Google
- Coordinate physical promotional elements including posters, flyers, calendars, etc.
- Track and report concert marketing expenses; manage budgets for each show
- Salary commensurate to experience
- Health, Dental, and 401K benefits after 90 days
- Paid personal time off and company-recognized holidays
- Fast paced work environment at a local, independently owned business
- Midtown Atlanta office on Arts Center MARTA line
- Access to live music and events!
Interested in joining Rival?
Introduce yourself with a resume, your story, any unique qualifications and expected compensation range to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rival Holdings LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.