Posted June 2021
VENUE RENTAL (EVENT SALES) MANAGER
CENTER STAGE, THE LOFT, and VINYL
Rival is seeking a motivated and experienced relationship-builder and deal maker to manage venue rental / event sales at Center Stage, The Loft & Vinyl. Our Venue Rental Manager connects with potential clients, develops sales materials, negotiates contracts, coordinates event needs with venue operations colleagues and follows through to ensure successful event. Candidates best suited for this position will have event production planning experience, be driven by sales goals, be meticulously detailed in planning and financial reporting and able to multitask while managing a significant volume of communication with perspective and contracted clients.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours are typically Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 6:30 PM but will vary based on event schedule and management team needs. Availability on nights and weekends is required, but not expected to be regular.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enthusiastically and professionally represent Center Stage, The Loft & Vinyl to perspective and contracted rental clients
- Review and respond to incoming venue rental inquiries
- Work with Marketing Manager to develop and execute a promotional strategy and materials for external marketing
- Develop partner network of service providers and lead generators.
- Identify sales leads and pursue new business opportunities with promoters, event producers, and film/television producers.
- Negotiate and generate venue rental contracts
- Facilitate event needs with related departments (booking, finance, box office, production, marketing)
- Create invoices, collect payments, settle event ticket sales balances and maintain accurate financial records.
- Project, track and report event revenues and expenditures.
- Maintain and foster relationships with perspective and existing clients
- 4-year degree or comparable relevant experience
- Minimum of three years of experience in an applicable position (venue management, event sales, event production)
- Technological confidence. Proficiency in CRM highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as well as diligent attention to detail.
- Business acumen and financial confidence
- Must be proficient using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, and be comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools including Google Drive, Dropbox
- Must be driven by exceeding sales goals, delivering exceptional client communication and creating live experiences.
- $50,000+, starting salary commensurate to experience
- Health, Dental, and 401K benefits after 90 days
- Paid personal time off and company-recognized holidays
- Fast paced work environment at a local, independently owned business
- Midtown Atlanta office on Arts Center MARTA line
- Access to live music and events!
Interested in joining Rival?
Introduce yourself with a resume, your story, any unique qualifications and expected compensation range to email@example.com
About RIVAL ENTERTAINMENT: CENTER STAGE, THE LOFT, and VINYL:
Rival Entertainment is an independent venue operator and concert promoter, producing shows and live events in Atlanta since 2004.
Rival operates from Center Stage Atlanta – home to Center Stage Theater, The Loft and Vinyl—where we produce 350+ shows annually. Beyond Center Stage’s doors, we create events in city streets, public parks, traditional venues and unique locations. Rival production venues include Centennial Olympic Park, The Fox Theatre, Georgia State University Stadium, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, Candler Park, Piedmont Park, Historic Fourth Ward Park and many more.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Rival Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.v