Rival is seeking an experienced, motivated and dynamic Lighting Director to join our event
The Lighting Director will engineer live shows at Center Stage, The Loft & Vinyl and oversee the
venue lighting department. This team member will work closely with the Production and
Booking teams as well as artists and clients to prepare for and execute live performances. The
individual will be responsible for the visual appearance of venue shows and events by
advancing, programming, and executing amazing light designs to fit the needs, budget, and
aesthetics of various live events happening in the three venues. The ideal candidate has a
knowledge of all things related to show/ event lighting, a passion for music & live events and is a
collaborative, team player.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with a varying schedule based on event bookings
and venue needs. Daytime, evening, night and weekend availability is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate (“Advance”) with tour managers, production managers and clients to
prepare for each scheduled performance.
- Coordinate “Advance” details with various departments (booking, accounting, box
office, production, event operations)
- Manage, report and reconcile rental equipment budgets
- Create and distribute lighting plos, as needed
- Assist with Load-in & Out of performer and rental equipment
- Perform set-up/ integration of band and rental equipment with house systems
- Lighting console operation/ Live show lighting design and direction
- Oversee and support visiting lighting techs
- Ensure proper use and care of house equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance and repair of venue lighting equipment
- Recruit, schedule, and train lighting technicians
- Assist with various production projects throughout Center Stage, The Loft & Vinyl
- Interact with artists and clients to ensure successful events.
- Support venue and show operations
- Support Rival-produced events outside the venues
- Make it a great day for artists, clients, crews and team members
- 3-year minimum live show lighting direction experience with a venue, tour or
- Experience in pro lighting and video systems
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft & Google Workplace applications
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and passion for live music
- Must thrive in a team environment, but be able to take initiative and work
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and work in an environment with loud audio and strobe
- Salary range of $45,000 – $60,000, starting wage depending on experience
- Health, Dental, and 401K benefits after 90 days
- Paid personal time off and company-recognized holidays
- Fast paced work environment at a local, independently owned business
- Midtown Atlanta office on Arts Center MARTA line
- Access to live music and events!
INTERESTED IN JOINING RIVAL?
Introduce yourself with a resume, your story, portfolio, any unique qualifications and expected
compensation range to opportunity@daniellerivalentertainment-com
About RIVAL ENTERTAINMENT, CENTER STAGE, THE LOFT, and VINYL:
Rival Entertainment is an independent venue operator and concert promoter, producing shows
and live events in Atlanta since 2004. Rival operates from Center Stage Atlanta – home to
Center Stage Theater, The Loft and Vinyl—where we produce 350+ shows annually. Beyond
Center Stage’s doors, we create events in city streets, public parks, traditional venues and
unique locations. Rival production venues include Centennial Olympic Park, The Fox Theatre,
Georgia State University Stadium, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, Candler Park, Piedmont
Park, Historic Fourth Ward Park and many more.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Rival Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate
against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color,
religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of
employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and