About the Venues
Built in 1966 to honor Atlanta’s performing arts community, Center Stage Theater is an iconic live performance venue in Midtown celebrating over five decades hosting music, comedy, wrestling, boxing, eSports, film and television recordings, and private events.
Today, the facility features features three diverse venues:
- The historic Center Stage Theater, the original theater renowned for its acoustics and intimate live show experience
- The Loft, an industrial 650-capacity live music and event space
- Vinyl, a 300-capacity staple in Atlanta’s local music scene
Marquee Moments at Center Stage
- Originally “Theatre Atlanta”, Center Stage was built as a memorial to Helen Lee Cartlidge by her family, after she and 100 other Atlanta arts patrons perished in the Orly plane crash of 1962. The family preserves the Midtown, Atlanta property as a home to performing arts in Ms. Cartlidge’s honor.
- The Video Music Channel first broadcast from Center Stage in 1982.
- World Championship Wrestling (WCW) filmed WCW Saturday Night at Center Stage.
- ProgPower USA has taken place at Center Stage for 19 consecutive years.
- Sir Elton John recorded the live-studio album Captain & The Kid on the floor of Center Stage.
- Beck surprised Atlanta at The Loft one Halloween night.
- Jay-Z launched his seven-city-in-one-day “Hanger Tour” with a 7am show at Center Stage.
- Jamie Foxx hosted television comedy special Laffapalooza from Center Stage.
- Lady Gaga & Katy Perry each played Center Stage the same week.
- 21 Pilots, Cold War Kids, Marc Broussard, Citizen Cope, X Ambassadors and countless others were introduced to Atlanta on the stage in Vinyl
- Kanye West, Drake, Ellie Goulding, Queens of the Stone Age, Dan & Shay, Khalid, The Weeknd, 21 Savage, The Strokes, Young Thug, J Cole, H.E.R and Shawn Mendez – all launched meteoric careers from Center Stage – The Loft – Vinyl.
Since 2004, Rival has produced concerts and festivals, presenting many of Atlanta’s most acclaimed live events, including the Candler Park Music Festival, Georgia State Stadium’s inaugural concert featuring Foo Fighters, ONE Musicfest, the infamous three-day Outkast ATLast reunion and Prince’s last live concert performance.
Inquiries about sponsoring an event and hiring Rival Entertainment’s event production services are welcome at