Rival is seeking an experienced, motivated and dynamic Audio Engineer/ Show Production Lead
to join our event production team!
Rival is in search of an Audio Engineer/ Show Production Lead to mix live shows in Center Stage,
The Loft & Vinyl. This role will work closely with the Production and Booking teams as well as
artists and clients to prepare for and execute live performances and events. The individual will
be responsible for making the room and the act/ event sound unforgettable, keep up with
industry trends, maintain equipment, and contribute to the tech planning of the venues. As the
go-to audio guru for shows/ events, the ideal candidate will have a passion for music and live
events and is a team player.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with a varying schedule based on event bookings
and venue needs. Daytime, evening, night and weekend availability is required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate (“Advance”) with tour managers, production managers and clients to
prepare for each scheduled performance.
- Coordinate “Advance” details with various departments (booking, accounting, box
office, production, event operations)
- Manage, report and reconcile rental equipment budgets
- Interact with artists/ clients on aspects of a show production including show labor,
parking needs, equipment rentals and other production related tasks as requested by
the General Manager
- Assist with Load-in & Out of band and rental equipment
- Perform set-up/ integration of band and rental equipment with house systems
- Audio console operation/ Live show engineering
- Oversee and support visiting audio techs
- Ensure proper use and care of house equipment
- Conduct preventive maintenance and repair of audio equipment
- Assist with production throughout Center Stage, The Loft & Vinyl
- Interact with artists and clients to ensure successful events.
- Operate pre-programmed lighting controls when Lighting Operator is not present
- Support venue and show operations
- Support Rival-produced events outside the venues
- Make it a great day for artists, clients, crews and team members
- 3-year minimum live show audio mixing experience with a venue, tour or production
- Experience in professional concert audio systems, stage lighting and video systems
- Strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft & Google Workplace applications
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and passion for live music
- Must thrive in a team environment, but be able to take initiative and work
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and work in an environment with loud audio and strobe
- Salary range of $45,000 – $60,000, starting wage depending on experience
- Health, Dental, and 401K benefits after 90 days
- Paid personal time off and company-recognized holidays
- Fast paced work environment at a local, independently owned business
- Midtown Atlanta workplace on Arts Center MARTA line
- Access to live music and events!
INTERESTED IN JOINING RIVAL?
Introduce yourself with a resume, your story, any unique certifications/ qualifications and
expected compensation range to opportunity@rivalentertainment-com
About RIVAL ENTERTAINMENT, CENTER STAGE, THE LOFT, and VINYL:
Rival Entertainment is an independent venue operator and concert promoter, producing shows
and live events in Atlanta since 2004. Rival operates from Center Stage Atlanta – home to
Center Stage Theater, The Loft and Vinyl—where we produce 350+ shows annually. Beyond
Center Stage’s doors, we create events in city streets, public parks, traditional venues and
unique locations. Rival production venues include Centennial Olympic Park, The Fox Theatre,
Georgia State University Stadium, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, Candler Park, Piedmont
Park, Historic Fourth Ward Park and many more.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Rival Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate
against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color,
religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other
status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of
employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and