Center Stage | The Loft | Vinyl
Rival Holdings, LLC
Rival Holdings is seeking candidates for the position of Operations Manager. The Operations Manager reports to the General Manager and will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day management of both the facility and event operations in Center Stage, The Loft and Vinyl in Midtown Atlanta. This role has an emphasis on event and staff preparation, and a utilization of crowd management best practices to empower the frontline team to provide our guests with a consistent level of excellent service that exceeds their expectations and enhances their entertainment experience. This position works with venue Production, the Box Office, Security, Marketing and Talent/ Rental Booking departments in order to ensure that all facility and event needs are met.
● A proven leader with strong management and communications skills
● Extensive knowledge of event logistics, venue operations and facility management
● Minimum two years experience as Venue/ House Manager, Operations Manager or in a comparable role
● Experience in a high-volume event facility is preferred
● Background managing multiple departments with a large number of staff, ideally experience managing Security, Guest Services, Ticket Scanners, Janitorial and other Miscellaneous Service staff
● Previous experience collaborating with police, fire, health departments, and other public officials/ government regulatory bodies
● Computers skills and basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Workspace
● Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
● Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
● Flexible Schedule, but day/night/weekends availability is required
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a moderate to loud noise level and strobing lights
● Must be a team player, but be able to work autonomously
● Requires the ability to lift, push and pull up to 75 lbs
● Position involves extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping and kneeling
● Manage labor costs through appropriate staffing and schedule management
● Supervise hourly staff and supervisors
● Collaborate with the concessions management team to ensure concessions program is meeting needs and expectations of Rival Holdings
● Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports in Security and Guest Services departments.
● Conduct weekly staff & event planning meetings
● Maintain open door policy with staff
● Train, coach and provide performance related feedback to all hourly direct reports
● Plan and execute ongoing staff training including, but not limited to: Onboarding/Orientation, Security/Guest Service Training, Emergency Response Training, and First Aid Training
● Meet or exceed budgetary expectations on all relevant line items
● Maintain appropriate staffing levels – hiring, terminations, maintain disciplinary documentation per Rival Holdings Standards
● Conduct regular venue walk throughs in order to maintain the highest standards for venue cleanliness, organization
● Manage and prioritize ongoing list of required facility repairs and routine maintenance
● Meet or exceed health and safety requirements in all applicable areas
● Maintain Operations department supply and equipment inventory
● Maintain, coordinate, and maximize labor based on nightly changes in sales/business volume
● Maintain adequate environmental standards in the venue (light, sound, room temperature, cleanliness, line of sight, table maintenance, promotional materials, etc.)
● Perform event pre-shift and post-shift (if required) meetings
● Assist in the management of all aspects of facility operations, including but not limited to, front of house operations, preventative maintenance, staffing, and ongoing venue set-up and break-down
● Ensure that all outstanding tasks are handled either personally or through delegation to other staff members when appropriate
● Assist department managers with the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision and scheduling of part-time staff
● Maintain and monitor records of all incident reports and investigate/manage all pending cases, including interviewing staff or other witnesses and attending arbitration hearings when necessary
● Investigate and resolve guest related complaints
● Implement and execute all venue policies, procedures and programs
● Assist in the creation and implementation of effective recruiting programs for event staff in multiple departments
● Oversee the advance, staffing, execution & settlement of all venue and artist merchandise sales
● Provide a safe and secure facility for both guests and employees
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The Operations Manager functions as a support role to the venue’s General Manager and tasks, duties and responsibilities may be added based on the constantly changing landscape of the live entertainment industry and the specific needs of the venues.
INTERESTED IN JOINING RIVAL?
Introduce yourself with a resume, your story, portfolio, any unique qualifications and expected compensation range to email@example.com
About RIVAL ENTERTAINMENT, CENTER STAGE, THE LOFT, and VINYL:
Rival Entertainment is an independent venue operator and concert promoter, producing shows and live events in Atlanta since 2004. Rival operates from Center Stage Atlanta – home to Center Stage Theater, The Loft and Vinyl—where we produce 350+ shows annually. Beyond Center Stage’s doors, we create events in city streets, public parks, traditional venues and unique locations. Rival production venues include Centennial Olympic Park, The Fox Theatre, Georgia State University Stadium, Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center, Candler Park, Piedmont Park, Historic Fourth Ward Park and many more.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Rival Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.